Where to begin:
Look through all the links and click on them (Underlined words).
They will open other helpful information.
Click on the "find a meeting" tab at the top of this page:
Attend any of these meetings. By attending a meeting, you will hear suggestions on how to take your next step.
Keep coming back:
Al-Anon Family Groups suggests you attend at least 6 different meetings
before you decide if the program is right for you.
Al-Anon has but one purpose:
To help families of alcoholics.
Has Your Life Been Affected by Someone Else’s Drinking? The following questions* are designed to help you decide whether or not to try Al-Anon:
1. Do you worry about how much someone drinks?
2. Do you have money problems because of someone else’s drinking?
3. Do you tell lies to cover up for someone else’s drinking?
4. Do you feel that if the drinker cared about you, he or she would stop drinking to please you?
5. Do you blame the drinker’s behavior on his or her companions?
6. Are plans frequently upset or canceled or meals delayed because of the drinker?
7. Do you make threats, such as, “If you don’t stop drinking, I’ll leave you”?
8. Do you secretly try to smell the drinker’s breath?
9. Are you afraid to upset someone for fear it will set off a drinking bout?
10. Have you been hurt or embarrassed by a drinker’s behavior?
11. Are holidays and gatherings spoiled because of drinking?
12. Have you considered calling the police for help in fear of abuse?
13. Do you search for hidden alcohol?
14. Do you ever ride in a car with a driver who has been drinking?
15. Have you refused social invitations out of fear or anxiety?
16. Do you feel like a failure because you can’t control the drinking?
17. Do you think that if the drinker stopped drinking, your other problems would be solved?
18. Do you ever threaten to hurt yourself to scare the drinker?
19. Do you feel angry, confused, or depressed most of the time?
20. Do you feel there is no one who understands your problems?
If you have answered “Yes” to any of these questions, read more at Al-Anon Family Groups.
*Al-Anon 20 Questions are Copyrighted by Al-Anon Family Groups, Inc.
Al-Anon Books and Brochures
There is an Al-Anon Literature Distribution Center (LDC)
located at 1423 San Marco Blvd., (upstairs) Jacksonville FL 32207
Wednesdays from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM.
You can also purchase literature at alanon.org.